- Four weeks written notice is required to remove a child from Nursery otherwise 4 weeks’ fee MUST be paid.
- If your child is away from ‘Pili-Pala’ for any reason i.e., sickness, the fees are payable in full or are not refundable as the child’s place has to be retained and nurses employed.
- If you are on the waiting list, preference will be given to parents requiring full-time or 4 day places.
- Arrivals and Departures between your booked times are up to your discretion.
- Placements can only be changed if a suitable vacancy exists.
- Prior notice must be given to annual holidays.
- Children in toddlers older sections must have a spare set of clothes left in Nursery – If possible with their name clearly marked – Provisions of individual boxes available.
- Every care and attention will be given, however NO responsibility will be taken for cuts, bruises, etc., accidentally received – accident book maintained.
- Our aim is to promote a healthy environment, any child suffering from a doubtful rash, sickness, diarrhea, or a high temperature should be kept away until your Doctor is satisfied that he/she is well enough to return, following a 48 hour symptom free period.
- Should a child become sick at the Nursery, every effort will be made to contact the parent/guardian. However, if immediate medical attention is required we reserve the right to seek medical aid – Calpol administered on Parents’ permission on registration.
- Written permission must be provided by the parent/guardian before any medication can be given to a child whilst in our care. Medication book to be signed beginning and end of each day if Medicine is required.
- Reduction of 10% available for 2nd child on request.
- Vegetarian/special diets will be catered for.
- Mealtimes at Pili Pala are happy and social events. Breakfast, lunch and tea provide subject to parents’ wishes – menus are available in advance on 4 week rotation. Food provided is a balanced diet by qualified staff. Individual requirements may be discussed and accommodated on request of registration.
- We do not discriminate against any child on the grounds of sex, race, religion, colour, creed, marital status, ethnic or national origin, physical appearance or political belief.
- A complaints procedure is readily available at all times. Any complaints will be dealt with immediately and acted on accordingly, until reason for complaint has been registered and successfully dealt with.
- The overriding factors regarding admission will be the requirements for registration as set out in the certificate of registration issued by the CSSIW. This will govern the maximum number of children and the staff/child ratio.
- Pili Pala is open to any child aged 6weeks through to eight years. The parent/carer must complete and sign the child registration form and the nursery contract confirming they have read and understood the policies and procedures outlined in the handbook and agree to adhere to the terms and conditions of the nursery prior to the child attending. Parents/carers must inform the nursery of any changes to the information provided.
- Parents/carers must give one month’s written notice when they wish to terminate their child’s place at the nursery.
- All children/adults are treated with respect and equal concern. No child will be discriminated against on the grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religious beliefs, disability or any other matter to do with the nursery.
- In order to ensure fairness in the allocation of places, the following criteria will be taken into consideration:
While available places exist these will be allocated on a first come/first offer basis.
- Then places will be given to children who are booking in on a full time basis.
- Then places will be given to children who have siblings currently attending the nursery.
- Provisions will be made for social services, employer or other sponsored places.
- All places must be reserved two weeks in advance in order to secure the child’ place and payments are to be made at the commencement of each week.
- If the nursery is over subscribed a waiting list will be kept and administered by the manager.
- The manager reserves the right to refuse admission to, or terminate a contract with the parents of any child whose behaviour is, in our opinion not in the best interest of the other children’s health and safety. (This course of action would only be implemented once our agreed procedures for addressing unacceptable behaviour have been exhausted).
At Pili Pala we understand the importance of widening our children’s knowledge and understanding of the wider world. At the nursery we currently have two different types of pets: chickens and fish. The animals within Pili Pala have received the necessary vaccinations and have Regular visits from the local vets to check their health and well-being.
The chickens are located at the rear of the nursery building in a secure compound. The chicken area is thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis. The children regularly visit the chicken compound. All visits to the chicken are closely supervised and children are provided with protective footwear and clothing. Equipment for hand sanitizing is readily available. Children are taken to wash their hands and remove their protective clothing prior to returning to activities within the nursery. All of our chickens have had their beaks and wings clipped to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all individuals within the setting.
CURRICULUM / KEY WORKER POLICY
We strongly believe that children learn through play and we will provide a broad range of fun, challenging and stimulating activities both indoors and outdoors that will promote the child’s overall development.
Our nursery routine will include free play sessions where children can choose from a variety of activities such as puzzles and games, sand and water play, construction, art and craft, play-dough, small world toys, items for fantasy and role play, drawing materials, books, small and large physical equipment etc.
The session will also include story-time, rhymes, music and movement and more structured activities aimed at the older child.
The nursery operates a key worker system children will be allocated a key person on confirmation of their attendance at the setting. There are opportunities during the children’s settling in sessions for parents to discuss any learning requirements.
The Nursery also provides the family with a form to fill in regarding their child’s interest’s likes and dislikes as this will enable their key person to plan learning activities around the children’s interests to encourage them to continue to be motivated and eager to play. Children have plenty of opportunities for self-initiated and adult led learning experiences both indoors and outdoors.
All children are provided with a booklet called their development logbook. Children have an opportunity to contribute to this also. Key workers will include written observations, photographs and craft to which is linked to the Birth-three matters /Early Years Foundation phase.
All key workers complete individual learning and development checklists for all children, parents are free to look at these whenever they wish.
All children’s likes and dislikes are taken into account when planning for learning experiences; learning experiences are differentiated to include all children regardless of gender, ability, race, SEN, age and language.
The Nursery understands that all children develop at different stages, Kate Trollope the nursery SEN Co-coordinator is able to advise staff and parents if they do have concerns about any child’s development. Working with families we are able to liaise with outside agencies to provide support for any children who may have a delay in an area of their development.
Parent Nursery Contract & Policies
I have been fully informed on the following Nursery policies.
NURSERY SECURITY REGISTRATION
Parents registering their child will sign-in at onset of the session giving the time/name of the person who will collect the child at the end of the session. In emergencies when this person is unable to collect, please ensure that you telephone to identify a new collector who will be given an individual password. ALL persons entering the nursery premises must have identification, permission or an appointment.
Any child having any untoward accident/incident at any time will have the incident documented in the specific book. The recorded incident will then be signed and countersigned by nursery staff and also the parent informed will be required to sign. This book is available for inspection at any time.
Following any possible contagious infectious e.g., diarrhoea/vomiting etc., there is a minimum exclusion policy of 48 hours before the child is permitted to return to the nursery.
Other conditions such as chickenpox or measles etc exclusion times must comply with the current environmental health guidelines.
If for any reason a child requires medication which has been prescribed specifically for them, then the parents are required to complete a medication authority slip documenting times, dosages etc. This authority will require the signature and counter signature of the administrating nursery staff as well as the signature of the parent when collecting the child. Please note : Expiry dates of medication must be strictly adhered to.
Calpol will only be administered with the parents’ written consent, which is given prior to each session. Although if an instance arose where a staff member thought that administering Calpol would be in the best interest a phone call to the parents would be made. On receiving permission from the parents the staff members will then administer the Calpol.
It would then be a requirement from the parent to ensure they sign the relevant documentation at the end of the session. Pili-Pala would like to make all parents aware that it is their responsibility to supply Calpol for their child.
SUDDEN INFANT DEATH SYNDROME
The nursery policy complies with the Public Health Department recommendations of
(a) ‘Back to Sleep’
(b) ‘Feet to Foot of Bed’
and (c) Unrestricted Clothing
These positions will be utilised until baby is old enough to choose own position of sleeping with constant supervision.
If any untoward misbehaviour occurs e.g., biting or pinching the child will be explained to that this behaviour is unkind and unacceptable and hopefully they will then understand. However, if this behaviour continues then the child will be accompanied to a quiet area of the nursery for a short period. Parents will be informed and included if any further procedures may become necessary. Only in extreme circumstances will a parent be requested to remove their child from the nursery if any unkindness continues in order to protect the other nursery children.
SUN CREAM LOTION
To protect against any unknown allergic reactions which may occur from applications of external creams etc., parents should provide specific creams with their child’s name clear written, otherwise the nursery will supply its own Factor 50 cream.
If on any occasion urgent medical advice is needed children will be transported to accident and emergency.
PERMISSION FOR MARKETING
Occasionally, local newspapers are informed of activities taking place in the nursery. Photographs may be taken and names used during Publications.
FIRE EMERGENCY EVACUATION DRILL
During these emergency drills parents will not always be informed of these procedures taking place. If however they do visit they will be unable to enter the premises until the drill is completed.
If any child does not attend nursery for any reason and has been booked in in advance all fees must be paid in full and cannot be reimbursed.
WORKING FAMILY TAX CREDITS
All assistance will be given to parents wishing to claim. However a 6 month contract of attendance assures placement for that child and non attendance must be paid for.
Fees are to be paid 2 weeks in advance on notification, cheques are payable to Pill-Pala Nursery.
All parents are required to complete relevant registration documents, giving the addresses and contact numbers of at least 2 family members. Please update any changes immediately.
At Pili-Pala we believe regular outings enable children to develop a more indepth knowledge and understanding of the wider world. All of our children will experience a range of different outings during their time at PiliPala. Pili-Pala will only notify parents prior to an outing if transport needs to be used.